I have been prescribed Xarelto®▼ (rivaroxaban) to either treat DVT or PE, or prevent them from recurring
How should I store my new medication?
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and on each blister or bottle after EXP.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- This medicine does not require any special storage conditions.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
To access the latest version of the Xarelto 2.5mg, 10mg and 15/20 mg Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) as well as Xarelto Patient Information Leaflet (PIL), please click on the following link eMC Widget
Report Possible Side Effects
This medicine is subject to additional monitoring. This will allow quick identification of new safety information.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the package leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in Google Play or Apple App Store.
You can also report side effects and quality complaints to Bayer Plc. Further information is available on the “contact” tab at www.bayer.co.uk.
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.